Who is the Commissioner of Police, Asansol-Durgapur?

• Shri Sunil Kumar Choudhary, IPS is the Commissioner of Police, Asansol Durgapur.

What are the objectives to establish Commissionerate System?

• The basic objective of this Police Commissionerate is to deliver quality police service through unified chain of command quickly.

How many divisions are there in Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate?

• There are 03 (three) divisions in Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate.
The divisions are :-

a) Central Division.

b) East Division.

c) West Division.

Which Police Stations fall under the jurisdiction of Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate?

Sl. No. Police Stations under Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate Assistant Commissioner of Police Deputy Commissioner of Police & Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police
1 Durgapur PS East Division

Shri Subir Roy, WBPS, ACP Durgapur, Shri Pintu Saha, WBPS, ACP Andal & Shri Suman Kr Jaiswal, WBPS, ACP Kanksa

East Division

Shri Abhishek Gupta, IPS DCP (East)

3 Coke-Oven PS
4 Andal PS
5 Faridpur PS
6 Pandebswar PS
7 Durgapur Women PS
8 Kanksa PS
9 Budbud PS
10 Kulti PS West Division

Smt. Ipsita Dutta, WBPS, ACP Hirapur, SK. Jabed Hossain, WBPS ACP Kulti

West Division

Shri Aasish Maurya, DCP (West)

11 Baraboni PS
12 Hirapur PS
13 Salanpur PS
14 Chittaranjan PS
15 Asansol (North) PS Central Division

Shri Biswajit Naskar, ACP (Central-I) & Holding Addl. Charge of ACP Cyber PS, Shri Biman Kr. Mirdha, WBPS, ACP (Central-II)

Central Division

Shri Dhruba Das, IPS, DCP (Central)

16 Asansol (South) PS
17 Asansol Women PS
18 Cyber Crime PS
19 Jamuria PS
20 Raniganj PS


Who are the supervisory officers of a Division to supervise the functions of Police Stations under the Division?

• Assistant Commissioner of Police and Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police is the supervisory officer of the respective Division.

What are the specialized branches under Asansol Durgapur Police Commissionerate?

  • Detective Department.
  • Special Branch.
  • Traffic Department.
  • Armed Police.
  • Enforcement Branch.

What is the role and functioning of Detective Department?

• To collect criminal intelligence, investigate and detect important crime.


What is the role of Special Branch?

• Collection of intelligence, issue of Police Clearance certificate, passport enquiries, verification report and VIP/VVIP securities.


What is the role of Traffic Department?

• Traffic management, implementation of traffic rules, realization of fine for traffic offence, issue of compound slips etc.


What is the role of Enforcement Branch?

• Enforcement of rules regarding Copyright Act, control order under Essential Commodity Act etc.


Can I get a copy of the FIR free of cost?

• Yes, you can get a copy of the FIR free of cost as per provision of section 154 (2) of the Criminal Procedure Code.


What should I do if my case is not registered by the Police?

• Please approach the following:

(i) Assistant Commissioner of Police

(ii) Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police of the division or

(iii) Lodge a complaint at Complain Counter of the website with your details or

(iv) Lodge complaint with the office of Commissioner of Police or mail-cpadpc@gmail.com.


For the sake of investigation, can police call any person at Police Stations?

• Yes, Section 160 of the Criminal Procedure Code empowers the Police Officer conducting investigation to call any person, who appears to be acquainted with the circumstances of the case at the Police Station. But, under no circumstances the investigating officer can call any woman or male under 15 years of age, at the Police Station.


Is there any fee for registration of a case?

• No.


How should I, get the help of Police in case of emergency?

• You may dial 100 or 8116604400, 8116604402, 0341-2250347.


What happens if a false case is lodged with Police?

• There is provision of punishment under section 182 and 211 of IPC for lodging a false complain with Police.


Who is authorized to grant permission for organizing processions/meeting?

• Deputy Commissioner of Police/Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police of the area.


Whom should I contact to obtain Police Clearance Certificate and CA Certificate?

• For Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)- please contact Foreigners Registration Office, Asansol Durgapur. For CA Certificate- (1) For Govt. Organization – please contact Special Branch of Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate (2) For Private Sector – please contact Local Police Station.


How should I get the permission for using microphone?

• You will have to apply to the officer In-charge / Inspector In-charge of your Police Station. You will get the permission to be accorded by the Divisional Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police.


What are the basic requirements for obtaining a license for holding processions?


• Following information should be furnished with application:

(a) Name, Address and Contact number

(b) The route of procession, start point and terminating point.

(c) Duration of procession

(d) Purpose of procession.

(e) Number of persons expected to participate.