1. On 27/12/11 at 15.30 hrs. based on a source information SI Nirmal Kumar Sarkar of Detective Deptt. ADPC held raid and arrested a gang of notorious criminals of Birbhum District with deadly weapons who reportedly came in a steel colored Maruti Omni Van and assembled in an open filed at Jordhar near Gopal Math under PS Durgapur for preparation of Dacoity at Durgapur Town Ship area. The arrested Criminals are (1)Sk Alauddin @ Sk Syed Asauddin @ Alla (2) Sk. Sabu @Sk Sabirul (3) sk. Salim @ Samu (19) (4) Birbal Chawdhury (24) (5) Sk. Alo @ Alok (19) (6) Jillur Rahaman (21) (7) Dhanjan Das (30) During raid the officer recovered and seized one Iron made Pipe Gun with One round ammunition two bhojalis one knife one chopper one cycle chain, one iron rod and one Maruti Omni van bearing No. WB 38 N 2884 from their possession.
2. On 30/12/11 in between 11.00 hrs to 12.30 hrs., In pursuance to secret information under the direct supervision of Addl . Dy. C.P West Shri Subrata Ganguly raid was conducted at the dowelling house of Tannu @ Chuti Bibi (20) w/o Saban @ Pappu @ Shakti Ansari of 12 No. Sanctoria Colony, and recovered 40 Pcs of thin plastic packets containing Brown sugar (Heroin) weighing about 40 gms. from the exclusive possession of Tannu which are contra banned articles and false under the purview of NDPS Act. The accused was arrested and the Brown sugar was seized from her possession.
3. On 18/01/11 between 20.15 to 20.45 hrs acting upon a source information SI Siddharta Ghosal OC Barakar PP along with force held raid at Ramnagar near Harhari Baba Mandir and found around 9 to 10 persons assembled there. On seeing the Police party 6-7persons managed to escape. The officer could apprehend 3 persons namely 1) Md. Nausad (32) 2) Imtiaz Ansari 3) Dau Ansari and seized one country made pipe gun loaded with one live cartridge one Auto-rickshaw from their possession. During interrogation it is learnt that they assembled there for preparation of committing dacoity.
4. On 15/01/12 between 15.00 to 16.25 hrs. acting on source information SI Bikash Ch. Dutta, OC Asansol (N) PS under the direct supervision of Shri Summohan Roychowdhury, CI Asansol held raid in the house of one Md. Selim of Gulzar Mohalla, Babuatala of PS Asansol (N) and seized approximately 120gms. of brown sugar and Rs 1,29,795 /- from his house and arrested his wife Sahajadi Khatun under the provision of NDPS Act. . Md. Selim managed to escape.
5. On 20/01/ 12 at 18.00 hrs the official website of Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissionerate (www.asansoldurgapurpolice.wb.gov.in) by Smt. Mamata Banerjee, Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal at Milan Sangha Math, PS- Lake Town, North 24 Pgs.
6. Jamuria Police station organized an Inter Primary School Annual Athletic meet which commenced from 21/01/12. About 300 students from 42 Primary schools took part in this event. Prize distribution ceremony will be held on 26/01/12 at the Jamuri Police Station compound. Shri Ajay Kumar Nand, IPS, Commissioner of Police, ADPC will adorn the chair of chief guest.
A Blood donation camp had been organized on 24/01/12 by “Village R.G Party” of Andal PS at Andal Police Station.
A Traffic Guard was inaugurated at Andal More on 24/01/12 by Shir Ajay Kr Nand, IPS, Commissioner of Police, ADPC.
7. Today (26/01/12) on the eve of 63rd Republic Day of India, National Flag was hosted at the Office of Commissioner of Police, Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissioner, by Shri Ajoy Kumar Nand, IPS, C.P, ADPC. Shri Sheesh Ram Jhajharia, IPS, Dy. Commissioner of Police (HQ), ADPC, Shri Subhankar Sinha Sarkar, WBPS, Addl. Dy. Commissioner of Police (East), Shri Bhaskar Mukherjee, WBPS, Addl. Dy. Commissioner of Police (Central), Shri Subrata Gangopadhyay, WBPS, Addl. Dy. Commissioner of Police (West) and other senior police officers of ADPC also attended this programme.